Thursday, January 29, 2009

Randy Matthews & Bergen White fans only!




The best thing about spending time at the record stores, for me, is reading the labels of records i'm unfamiliar with to see any sort of connection that might give me an idea of the sound of the performer. So today i came across a 45 on Myrrh Records by Randy Matthews. I know Myrrh superficially, just as a Christian record label. And my tastes do occasionally dabble in that genre--The Young and Free LP "Goin' Somewhere" has long been one of my favorites. And i like early chuck girard and love song.

But i almost passed on the 45--until I saw the name BERGEN WHITE, who arranged and conducted the single. It's "Country Faith"/"Sunny Day" I like the sound of "Country Faith". It's pretty rocking, with a country rock feel. The flip is a little derivative of "the Weight", but it's still pretty nice.

I don't get how interconnected some of names were/are in the record business. Some names just keep popping up in the strangest places--co writers, producers, arrangers, whatever.

Well anyway, here's the mp3 link to RANDY MATTHEWS-COUNTRY FAITH. I think only 10 people can download, so i hope you get to it before it becomes disabled.

http://rapidshare.com/files/191359742/01_Country_Faith.mp3
http://rapidshare.com/files/191857394/02_Sunny_Day.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment